Sunday 19 June 2011

Elizabeth's First Posting.....

Hi I'm Elizabeth, if you haven't guessed already, this is my first posting ever at the grand age of 83 years young.  Just to let everyone know, my 22nd book All That We Are came out a few months back and my 23rd has just been accepted by Severn House and I'm over the  moon!  Already started my 24th.
About me - I've been writing most of my life - for fun. But around 1979 an incident started me writing short stories which were taken by a magazine.  When that folded around 1985, I turned to writing a novel. Had already writtern two (for fun) but found myself an agent and she got my book published with Piatkus Books (now an imprint of Little Brown). The ones I'd written for fun then got published as well. Since then  I've never looked back.
My first writing tip for you: Just have fun and don't give up.
Look forward to meeting up with you soon - Elizabeth


9 comments:

Paula RC said...

Hi Elizabeth Welcome to the bloggers' world. I enjoyed your first posting and look forward to reading your next.

Teresa Ashby said...

Hello Elizabeth - what an inspirational first post! I'm looking forward to reading more!

suzy doodling said...

Hi Elizabeth,
What an achievement to have written your 22nd book. Are you our new Barbara Cartland. I mean that in the nicest way as I love Barbara Cartland. Congratulations on entering blogworld. You'll love it, and we are better off now we can hear all about you.

Eileen Thornton said...

I loved your first post.

Keep writing

Jan said...

Lovely to discover you and your blog! I shall return!

Pat Posner said...

I saw you on Teresa's blog so popped over to say: Hi, Elizabeth, and welcome to the Land of Blog.

Congratulations on all your published books. How long does it take you to write a novel?

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Elizabeth - congratulations on blogging at 83 .. but more importantly well done for following your dream all those years ago. Bet that decision made a huge difference in your life ...

Looking forward to your future posts .. cheers for now .. Hilary

Sylvia Kent said...

Welcome to Blog World, Elizabeth - congratulations on all your published books. Your readers will be able to see your latest photos on my own blogsite www.sylviakent.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Lord said...

A quick hello to Pat Posner. Thanks for your comment. Answering your question, it takes me just under a year to research and write a novel usually.
To all those who've sent me such lovely comments, I have now finished my 23rd novel "The Chandelier Ballroom" a tale of 4 different occupants of an old house, each owner experiencing a strangeness with the chandelier, with dire consequences.
This book has now gone on ebook as from 21st October 2011.
I am now writing another novel - "Illusions of Happiness"and am half way through.
Sorry to all about the long delay in replying to you all. Hope I'm back on track now.
Elizabeth Lord